Case Study

How Sektor moved onto the B2B Enterprise Level InsiteCommerce platform and increased speed and reduced bounce rates by 30%

6 Sep 2019

About Sektor

Sektor specialises in delivering innovative and efficient technologies for the retail, networking, security, healthcare, ergonomics and mobility markets. With their dedicated and highly knowledgeable team, Sektor have achieved rapid growth over the last 10 years. Today, they are a leading distributor, operating across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Thailand and Malaysia.


When Sektor approached Solutionists, they were on the Drupal platform. They experienced this platform to be clunky and the search function too slow. They needed to have a fast search function and an eCommerce platform that was fast and user friendly that worked for their competitive customers.

Their new solution also needed to be robust, scalable, able to handle their B2B offering while also delivering enterprise level functionality for their four websites. Features like business rules, database integration and pricing matrixes with multiple pricing tiers were essential to them and needed to include different access levels for different accounts and different pricing calculations.

A standard solution wouldn’t work for Sektor due to their B2B requirements and scalability – they did extensive research before contacting Solutionists and looked at different open source platforms like Drupal (the eCommerce platform they were working on). However, none of these platforms were suitable for B2B due to their lack of flexibility. Via Google Search they encountered Solutionists B2B offering, InsiteCommerce.

What Solutionists did (solution)

InsiteCommerce is specifically aimed at B2B and offered Sektor everything they needed and was within budget. 70% of the out-of-the-box features would work for their business and the other 30% involved customisation.

Sektor works in a competitive space, with customers always looking for the lowest price. An eCommerce platform that is fast but also suitable for B2B was therefore essential for them.

InsiteCommerce all offered this for Sektor and implemented the website with the following features:

  • Out of the box features: persona/customer management, sales rep profiles, pricing tiers, multi-warehouse stock rules, shipping matrix and much more. 
  • Customisation: CRM integration, granular role management, price matrix.
  • Highly advanced elastic search engine: the first of our clients to be set up with this search option that is faster and offers a lot of site search features; advanced product attribution for search and product pages and search functions like splitting text into words, autocompletion, fuzzy search etc. 

On this project we have worked closely with Insite to define Sektor’s requirements and ensure that all parties were clear on business rules and goals. As eCommmerce Manager, Candice Pryor mentioned:

“Working with Solutionists was seamless, their project team ensured that we launched on time and on budget and they worked tirelessly to ensure delivery on the project scope”

So far, they have already seen great results with efficiency and improved search functionality and a
30% reduction in bounce rates (with mobile bounce rates reduced with 12%). Their engagement has increased with 17% growth in pages/per session and 13% growth in average session duration. 

We are excited to be continuing our journey with Sektor to grow their success. For more information about our implementation with Sektor have a look at their client page, or contact us today for more information. 


Jessica de Heij

date published:

6 Sep 2019